Biocant and Biocant Park AND THE SDGs
Support the research and development of vaccines and medicines for the communicable and noncommunicable diseases that primarily affect developing countries, provide access to affordable essential medicines and vaccines, in accordance with the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health, which affirms the right of developing countries to use to the full the provisions in the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights regarding flexibilities to protect public health, and, in particular, provide access to medicines for all.
Achieve universal health coverage, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all.
By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination.
Substantially increase health financing and the recruitment, development, training and retention of the health workforce in developing countries, especially in least developed countries and small island developing States.
Enhance the global partnership for sustainable development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the sustainable development goals in all countries, in particular developing countries.
Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships.
Is the national cluster for biotechcnology (and a world reference)
Offers a great diversity of entrepeneurial ecossystem in biotechcnology
- 35 companies installed and operating in the Biopark
- 45 international patents registered
- 300 people enroled in post-graduation programs of which 90% are BSc, MSc and PhD levels
- different courses and training offered to improve the workforce in biotech
- 70 million (Euros) invested in innovations (50% private)
- 20 milion (Euros) secured by privat investment
- >500 million (Euros) in assets (from the portfolio companies installed)
- > 20.000 students visited and benefited from the “ Junior Science Center” - Centro de Ciência Junior