Owini AND THE SDGs
By 2030, end the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases and other communicable diseases.
By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination.
By 2030, achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all
By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally.
By 2020, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes.
By 2030, expand international cooperation and capacity-building support to developing countries in water- and sanitation-related activities and programmes, including water harvesting, desalination, water efficiency, wastewater treatment, recycling and reuse technologies.
Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management.
- Water supply systems in 152 villages of 5 provinces in Angola – 139 concluded
- 208.882 people served, 132.345 living in rural areas
- 2.372 taps
- 400 laundry & shower combined units, with 4 individual laundries, 4 men cabin showers and 4 women cabin showers each
- 206 local operators trained for operation and maintenance of the systems
- 120 local suppliers
- Around 15 community awareness campaigns in the 5 provinces. Flyers distribution and educational theatre to aware and instruct the population on how to use the clean water and take care of the systems
- Confirmed trend of decrease of water-borne diarrheal diseases and skin infections during the WFA operational periods - over 20% in Kwanza Sul
- Women inquired in the villages confirm to perform new income generating activities with clean water (12%) and income increase of their regular activities due to time saved from not walking far to fetch water