Ossi Yeto AND THE SDGs
By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency.
By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology.
By 2030, expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States, and land-locked developing countries, in accordance with their respective programmes of support.
Promote the development, transfer, dissemination and diffusion of environmentally sound technologies to developing countries on favourable terms, including on concessional and preferential terms, as mutually agreed.
New Centralities Power Generation
- 8 centralities (new cities) to be provided with reliable energy, from efficient diesel generators and / or connection to the public grid, where available
- Expected beneficiaries: 40.000 house units, about 200.000 people
- Schools, health units, public offices and private businesses in the centrality also provided with permanent, reliable energy
- 1250 hours training for 35 local staff: managers, operators and technicians
- Centrality of Lossambo (Huambo) concluded: 2009 house units – 7,840 people served from about 11.000 people moving in
8 MW power plant built: power supply 24/7
- Average of 50.00 € monthly saved per household on private generators expenses
- 8.1 daily increase in light hours per household
- 2 average daily hours increase in time spent on studying and homework per household per day
- 5.1 average increase in light hours for social / family interaction per household
THEORY OF CHANGE
Ossi Yeto’s ultimate impact is the empowerment of populations in rural and remote areas of Angola and increased life quality by providing access to permanent and reliable energy.
Ossi Yeto intended impact is the energy generation and in construction of substations and transmission lines so that the population would benefit from access to permanent and reliable energy.
Read more below